HOLIDAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Holiday Cancellation Insurance is not included in the rental and should you have to cancel your booking a refund will only be made if we are able to re-let the accommodation for the period concerned. If successful we will refund the deposit and balance, if already paid, less a £30.00 admin fee. If we are notified of cancellation after the balance due by date you will be liable for this. We must be notified of cancellation in writing prior to the commencement date of the holiday. Should you become ill with covid-19 during your stay and are unable to leave the premises due to self-isolation then an extended accommodation payment would be due (payment would be the cost of extending your stay in whole week increments at the rate depending on the season). We strongly recommend that you take out your own travel insurance.
2. Arrivals are from 2pm (please be aware that check-in maybe later due to the extra precautions taken during change over due to covid-19, however, we will do our best to have the accommodation ready by 2pm) onwards and will be confirmed in the details you receive prior to your holiday. We ask that you vacate the property no later than 10am on the day of departure.
3. The contract confers on you a right to occupy the accommodation for a holiday only and, in terms of section 12 (schedule 4, paragraph 8) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 is not an ‘assured tenancy’.
4. The applicant must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and be over 21 years of age. He/she is solely responsible for the whole party. Assignees and sub-tenants are prohibited. No more than the stated number may stay at the property.
5. A 20% deposit is required within 7 days to secure the booking. The balance is due two months before the start of the holiday, without further reminder. We reserve the right to declare the contract void, the deposit forfeit and to re-let the accommodation should the balance not have been received within the time limit and, further, to claim the balance of rent if the accommodation is not re-let.
6. Dogs are permitted and they must be kept under proper control and not allowed on the furniture, and especially the beds, nor left unattended in the property. Dog owners will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property, contents or grounds by their dog and for any extra cleaning required. When out walking within the property grounds, you must ensure that dogs are kept on a lead. There is a change of £15.00 per dog per week/break. No more that 2 dogs are allowed per property.
7. Please ensure that you take all reasonable care in the use of the property and its contents including the security of the property and you will report any damages as soon as they occur. The Company reserves the right to charge for all repairs, losses or replacements necessitated by the negligent act or omission of any of your party, guests or invitees. If necessary, this may include an administration charge.
8. You are requested to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. The Company reserves the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition. Cottages will be inspected prior to departure to ensure they are left in a satisfactory condition.
9. The cottage descriptions are as accurate as possible but cannot be warranted, nor do the descriptions form any contract. The Company reserves the right to alter or improve any of the subjects without notice.
10. Televisions provided are colour but please note that due to the rural area channel choice can be restricted and reception may sometimes be poor. You will find a DVD player has been provided.
11. Should we have to cancel your holiday for any reason, every effort will be made to find you suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible a refund will be made of all monies paid by you to us for the accommodation booked. No further financial claims against the Company will be considered.
12. As far as the law allows, the Company takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
13. You will indemnify the Company or their agents against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of your party.
14. Please note that the advertised prices are for accommodation only, and that any additional activities – such as wedding receptions etc – must be agreed in advance with the Property Manager and that this will incur an additional charge.
15. Candles are not permitted in any of our properties due to fire safety regulations. Firearms may only be taken to our properties with our prior written consent, and subject to such conditions as we may impose from time to time.
16. Fireworks are not permitted at any time.
17. The proprietors or their agents whomsoever reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time.
18. There will be a fee of £30.00 for any transferred booking. A transferred booking is from one property to another of our properties or from one date to another. The transfer will be subject to availability.
19. In the event that the accommodation becomes inaccessible due to bad weather we are unable to offer any refund and strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance.
20. A “good housekeeping” deposit of £200 maybe requested on bookings. No payment will be processed unless any damage occurs to the property during your stay.
21. Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. Please contact the Property Manager on: 01343 209364 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org so that action or investigation can be taken to resolve the problem. You should not feel reluctant to complain if you are dissatisfied with some aspect of your accommodation. Indeed, it is always the best policy to draw attention to the problem on the spot.